A US state representative targets game publishers and developers, Todd and John take a look at the possible outcomes of government intervention in monetization strategies for games, and we try to make sense of the source of all political gaming strife: Twitter….
Todd returns from Las Vegas, no one knows what to wish one another on Columbus Day, and The Daily Wire posts a mysterious Grand Theft Auto hit piece. We break down the criticism and talk about how poor gaming coverage is leaving a huge portion of gamers in the lurch….
A new Fortnite mode has PUBG’s developers calling foul, a voice talent strike in the game industry may be drawing to a close, and a tech company wants to offer you VR counselling sessions, if you recently won the lottery….
Comics writer Ray Marek joins the show to talk about his indie publishing group, Apogee Comics, discuss the impending doom of Toys ‘R’ Us, and since Halloween fast approaches and he’s the founder of The Horror Syndicate, we talk about great games for horror fans. We also welcome John Schiber back to the show!…
This week, UK-based retro developer Paul Nicholas Skypes in to talk about his recent development project, SCUMM-8, a Pico-8 recreation of LucasArts’ legendary engine for Maniac Mansion among other hits from the golden age. …
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Organization and Productivity
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Designing for Accessibility
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – How You Could Work in Games Next Week
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Checking In on Triple A with John Schiber
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Wrapping Up GDC with Microsoft Gaming Cloud GM, Kevin Gammill