itch.io has launched Refinery, a toolset it promises will allow indie studios to conduct early game releases with the flexibility to set their own terms. If this sounds like a shot at Steam Early Access, that probably isn’t a coincidence. “Early access ‘programs’ have long been an issue for developers looking to get feedback and…
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – The Trouble with Game Jam Culture
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Steam is a Toilet
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Min-Maxing Your Audio Production with John Schiber
- Hot Take: The ESA Needs to Get Serious About Loot Boxes
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – How Players Learn and How to Teach Them