Kevin Gammill of Microsoft Cloud Gaming Services joins us to close out GDC 2018. We discuss his contributions to the successful launch of the Xbox One X, the state and future of game development using cloud technology, and what game devs stand to gain from embracing cloud-based tech….
#GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Rogan Ferguson and Dmitry Lyalin of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services
We caught up with Dmitry Lyalin and Rogan Ferguson live at GDC to talk about game development’s interesting part in Microsoft’s direction for VSTS and its cloud development product family, the group’s focus on meeting devs where they are, and Mickey Mouse impressions for fun and profit….
Jessica Deen and Abel Wang stop by at #GDC18 on their quest to bring DevOps goodness to the game dev community. We talk about the importance of consistency and reaching the next level of intuitive, repeatable processes in your software development….
Our first #GDC18 guest is PlayFab’s co-founder and CEO, James Gwertzman. James joins us remotely to talk about his decades in the industry, the potential of PlayFab as a complete backend platform for live games, and its recent addition to the Microsoft family….
In this mid-week edition of the GameDev Breakdown podcast, we examine a chaotic update to the SNES Classic Edition story, Xbox One X goes live with pre-orders of its own, and a AAA game industry veteran promotes his new book and praises crunch time in the game industry….
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – NBA Jam Book Author Reyan Ali
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – The Old and New Testaments of Game Development
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – The Path of Motus Creator Michael Hicks
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Creating Universes and Characters with Ray Marek of Unparalleled Comics
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Winning the Screen Time Debate and Forming Your Company