By community request, we take a look at the games as a service model, its performance in the game industry, and its impact on traditional revenue models in games.
As mentioned in the show, this episode uses a study on industry data collected in 2018, but you’ll notice many of the trends we’ll discuss are still holding strong.
Thanks again to Charlie Cox for the topic! If you enjoy hearing the Patreon vault shows, let us know and we’ll bring you more!
If you enjoy GameDev Breakdown
- Subscribe on the platform of your choice
- Drop a rating/review or hit the Follow button
- Check show notes and articles here at CodeWritePlay
- Check out our new show, GameDev Breakdown Radio!
- Join us on Discord!
- Follow us over on Facebook!
Todd Mitchell is a US Midwest-based comedy writer and game developer with bylines at Weekly Humorist, Fanbyte, Slackjaw, End of the Bench Sports, and more. He’s the author of Inside Video Game Creation, the founder of CodeWritePlay, and host of the GameDev Breakdown podcast. Follow him on Twitter @Mechatodzilla.