Susanna Pollack calls in as Games For Change kicks off its 18th annual festival exploring the impact of games on education, healthcare, research, civics, and social issues.
This show was sponsored by Appfigures! Appfigures has all the tools game makers need to monitor and optimize your mobile games to get more downloads. To find out more, head to https://appfigures.com/on/GameDevBreakdown to try Appfigures for free. If you like it, use our special code GDB3030 to get 30% off for the next 3 months.
- Nsé Ufot (New Georgia Project) – The Grassroots Game: New Media for Voter Engagement
- Josh Shen (State Dept) – Can Governments Help Grow the Gaming Community?
- Jenny Wu (Understood – festival’s support of accessibility and usability) – Raising Good Gamers: Youth, Safety, and Diversity
- John Hanke (Niantic) – Keynote – Building Real World Communities with Niantic
- Katie Salen (RGG) – Well-Played / Raising Good Gamers: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at 3 Families’ Experience in Minecraft