Weakest Link contestant Spencer Scott calls in ahead of his debut on NBC’s popular game show to talk about his experience, his mindset under pressure, and the early experiences in his life that may have helped set him on his path. We also take a look at the design of The Weakest Link, what makes it compelling, and what might make for a successful video game adaptation in the modern day.
- Catch our chat with Spencer ahead of his episode of Weakest Link on NBC at 9 PM Central!
- There’s some discussion of this 2001 video game adaptation of the show
- If you aren’t familiar with the old 1 vs. 100 game on Xbox Live, there’s footage here
If you enjoy GameDev Breakdown
- Subscribe on the platform of your choice
- Drop a rating/review on Apple Podcasts or hit the Follow button on Spotify
- Check show notes and articles here at CodeWritePlay
- Check out our new show, GameDev Breakdown Radio!
- Join us on Discord!
Todd Mitchell is a US Midwest-based comedy writer and game developer with bylines at Weekly Humorist, Fanbyte, Slackjaw, End of the Bench Sports, and more. He’s the author of Inside Video Game Creation, the founder of CodeWritePlay, and host of the GameDev Breakdown podcast. Follow him on Twitter @Mechatodzilla.