Versus CEO and Co-Founder, John Vitti, calls in to discuss the early success of Versus Game, designing around human nature, players as designers, and we speculate about our chances against the eventual rise of the machines.
This show was sponsored by Appfigures! Appfigures has all the tools game makers need to monitor and optimize your mobile games to get more downloads. To find out more, head to https://appfigures.com/on/GameDevBreakdown to try Appfigures for free. If you like it, use our special code GDB3030 to get 30% off for the next 3 months.
- John’s background
- How Versus works
- Gaming during covid
- Prediction and human nature
- Working with celebs and influencers
- Lessons in entrepreneurship and scaling
If you enjoy GameDev Breakdown
- Subscribe on the platform of your choice
- Drop a rating/review on Apple Podcasts or hit the Follow button on Spotify
- Follow us on Twitter
- Check show notes and articles here at CodeWritePlay
- Check out our new show, GameDev Breakdown Radio!
- Join us on Discord!
Todd Mitchell is a US Midwest-based comedy writer and game developer with bylines at Weekly Humorist, Fanbyte, Slackjaw, End of the Bench Sports, and more. He’s the author of Inside Video Game Creation, the founder of CodeWritePlay, and host of the GameDev Breakdown podcast. Follow him on Twitter @Mechatodzilla.