In this week’s video show, we discuss how to incorporate business wisdom from outside the industry into your game development process, from evaluating ideas to developing your concept and creating a business strategy….
The guys convene for a very special Christmas cast to discuss very good and very bad developments from Apple, best entertainment deals for gamers and devs over the holiday break, and we try our hand at designing a couple of Christmas games on the fly. Happy holidays!…
This week, UK-based retro developer Paul Nicholas Skypes in to talk about his recent development project, SCUMM-8, a Pico-8 recreation of LucasArts’ legendary engine for Maniac Mansion among other hits from the golden age. …
I don’t always agree with my friend Max Krieger. We’ve been connected on Twitter for some time, maybe a couple of years now, but we initially had video games in common and probably not much else. There have been a couple of times I’ve chimed in on a conversation with him to present a differing…
A version of this article was also submitted to the go-to game industry shop talk site, Gamasutra. If you’re not familiar with the tradition of postmortem write-ups in the game industry, it’s not a negative term. It’s the practice of writing about the design, development, and the launch of a game, including reflection on what…
Subscribe to the Podcast!
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – How You Could Work in Games Next Week
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Checking In on Triple A with John Schiber
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Wrapping Up GDC with Microsoft Gaming Cloud GM, Kevin Gammill
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Rogan Ferguson and Dmitry Lyalin of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services
- #GameDev Breakdown Podcast – Microsoft Cloud Developer Advocates Jessica Deen and Abel Wang